Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weekend with the Girls!

Well what a fun weekend to end my first full week as a working girl! Right after work on Friday I went over to Emily's house to see her and Sheryl who was visiting for the weekend. A nice dinner on the patio at Flat Branch that night followed by "Mare's" delicious chocolate cake afterward and topped off with a good old-fashioned sleep over was just perfect. Well, nothing's perfect, but it sure was fun!

Saturday morning started before 9:00 and I was unpleasantly surprised to find how that didn't seem early to me anymore. Dang. That was a quick transition for someone who you would have thought to actually be better suited for a night job than anything else. At least I still believe that I'm not someone who couldn't sleep past noon anymore. My DNA hasn't changed.

Anyway, the not-so-early-anymore morning began with breakfast at Panera where the two Kirksville Travelers Kristi and Joelle joined us. From there we moved to good old David's Bridal for the 10 and 11 o'clock appointments to find bridesmaid's dresses for Sheryl's and Emily's wedding. (Not to each other, just so that's clear!)

While some would call the appointments a success in terms of finding pleasing possiblities for the intended goal, I found it a success more in terms of this:





Once I find the lucky man, someone please tell him I will only say "Yes" if he's been to DB to pick up MY ring for $6.99. You can't put a price on the real deal, folks. Just look at that quality setting...okay, I must stop drooling. I just can't stop thinking of how buff my left arm is going to be from lugging that around the mansion we'll be able to afford from all we've saved. It'll just mean so much. Okay, seriously. My slap happy hour is a full 6 hours ahead of time now! I don't know how to handle it!

Get through it.

This is the group at Applebee's after some more mall shopping. A delightful meal with delightful company! I can't remember the last time I sat at a restaurant that long past eating - what fun!



Our waitress even offered to take this photo of us after I got my "booth sides" shots. She wanted to be sure that the table was still clean and there weren't any incriminating liquids so as to prevent any internet posting snafus. What a doll. Her name was Jen. I think that's still my name. Sometimes I'm not sure. How do you put your full name on a resume and let everyone think your preferred name is "Jennifer" because you don't think you care? Then one professional phone call comes along and you refer to yourself as Jen and change your mind about everything! Sigh.

I digress again.

Here is a 'before' shot from today's glorious marathon distance bike ride from Columbia to Rocheport and back. What beautiful biking b...uddies! We made amazing time of 90 minutes for each leg of the journey, 3 hours total, with about an hour for lunch at the Trailside Cafe. We'll probably be sore tomorrow, but I still think it's worth it. As I hobble around the house in pain already.




See? What a great weekend! Full of "I haven't done this in so long!!!" moments - from the excessive and satisfying amount of photos, to the sweating this much and working this hard, and just getting to spend a solid amount of time in great conversation with some of my favorite people in the world! (Gosh, I've been so mushy lately! Does that come as a bonus to the earlier bedtimes or what?!?!)

Here's to a productive and challenging second week of work!


P.S. I love comments!!!

2 comments:

erin said...

What a fun weekend. I'm jealous! And can I just say I am so proud of your new bed and wake up times. Oh, your so grown up!

Anonymous said...

oh, Jen(nifer), you are so shameless. So here is a comment. Thus, I affirm thee.

It's fun to read this, though...I feel like you're talking to me, and we haven't seen each other in forever! You have to come visit our house and be all ours for one weekend...