Monday, September 22, 2008

Stealth Photographer, Sassy Designer

Here's my second day's outfit – it was a "Business Formal Black & Gold" dress code day. I rocked it. Mom's not so great at the front porch photos (she must have peaked when I hit junior high and just quit trying after that) so I had my own mini(onephoto)photo shoot after work in before my neighbor drove down the street and I pretended like I was just getting the paper. Like a real adult, you know.





And here is MY OFFICE!!! I hear they're pretty strict about photos taken in the building, but since it's my office, no one else is in it, no gym equipment is in it and no one is paying me for it I think it's okay. Don't tell anyone though, ok? Great.





Let's start with my corner back there...two ginormous screens side by side and the aforementioned awesome keyboard. Lots and lots of cabinet and drawer space and believe me I've been reorganizing like a fiend. Nothing like having a guy predecessor that kept 50+ copies of everything...yikes. Bringing the dust wipes tomorrow.

This shot is taken as you walk in the door and turn 90º to your left. Behind are even more cabinets and drawers...unbelievable! The windows are just to the hallway, kept shut so as not to feel like a zoo animal. It's bad enough that my computer screen faces everyone else – I hate when people can see the 'work in progress'!!!

There's a nice tall counter to separate the space pretty well. Perfect for barstools if it were a more socially appealing environment :)

And yes, I've revealed where my snack drawer is...no chocolate yet, but sooooon. Oh so soon.

Someday I will tackle the 'printer/storage closet area (the door is at the end of the countertop and to the right of my desk corner). It's a little scary in there and I just haven't had the strength. I was maxing out on bravery today standing on the rolly chair in a skirt trying to move heavy stacks of magazines off the shelf. Dang. That could have been bad.

Okay, I promise this won't always be about work stuff. But still, there are photos so I guess the blog is still somewhat on target subject-wise. My hope is to periodically add some of the best of the best of the best of the 5000+ photos I took on the Mediterranean cruise this summer. In the meantime, photos of me will just have to suffice!

3 comments:

erin said...

You are so funny. Love the self portrait! And now I know where to go for chocolate :).

molly.e.gibbons said...

Beware of the secret snack door...sometimes it will be your best friend, and other times, your worst enemy. Love your office girl!!

Anonymous said...

You should keep alcohol in the snack drawer...and a pistol. like denny crain.